Thank you for taking the time to look at my website.
My name is Hannah Bruce. I am a professional and award winning artist from Woking, Surrey, England.
Since 2013, I have been creating original artwork from my home studio in a range of mediums, primarily oils, resin, ink and pastels and I sell my work all over the world. If you are interested in commissioning me to create something specifically for you then please do let me know.
My work continues to be recognised both nationally and locally through gallery exhibitions, competition wins and industry recognition. I am currently a featured artist in the Artist & Illustrators (Magazine) 2019 Calendar for my 2018 acrylic work ‘Crabbing, British Seaside’. Please see below a list of my most recent successes and notable events:
- Won the Spirit of Norwich Award 2018 (The Annual Norwich Plein Air Art Competition)
- Wild Card Entry in Sky Arts, Landscape Artist of the Year 2018
- Autumn Trophy Winner; Woking Art Society – Autumn Exhibition 2018
- Won President’s Cup (People’s Choice); Woking Art Society – Autumn Exhibition 2018
- People’s Choice Award; Annual En Plein Air Competition 2018 – Windsor & Eton;
- Runner Up; Annual En Plein Air Competition 2018 – Windsor & Eton;
- Quick-Draw Prize winner; Art in the Open 2018 – Wexford, Ireland
- Won President’s Award; Guildford Art Society – Autumn Exhibition 2017
- Nominated for Surrey Artist of the Year 2016
- Selected for Artist and Illustrators Artists of the Year 2016
- Quick-Draw Prize winner; Art in the Open 2016 – Wexford, Ireland
- Third Place; Annual En Plein Air Competition 2016 – Windsor & Eton
- Quick-Draw Prize winner; A Brush with the Broads 2015 – Great Yarmouth
Prior to my work as a professional artist, I was a Surrey based teacher of Art & Design for over 15 years. I read Fine Art & English at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth and subsequently completed by Postgraduate Certificate in Education at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge. I was chairperson of the Woking Art Society for three years (2015-2018).